Halloween party wines
Partying adults are in luck this Halloween because the holiday comes out on Sunday this year. And what better way to celebrate the ghoulishness than with some Halloween wines. A word of caution though, Halloween wine parties have been known to leave many red wine stains on the carpet, so keep some stain remover on hand.
Some Halloween wines for an evening of adult fun:
- Vampire Wines: a perennial favorite at Halloween parties is the brain child of Michael Macht who typically markets their Vampire wine line to the under 30 crowd. Vampire wines come in Merlot, Pinot Noir, Cabernet Sauvignon and White Zinfandel. Wines can be found for under $30
- Bonny Doon Vineyards produces Cardinal Zin. The wine is claimed to be produced by beastly old vines. Truly a Zinfandel that a blood thirsty vampire could easily enjoy; rich and juicy.
- Owen Roe Winery in Oregon produces Sinister Hand. A blend of Grenache, Syrah and Mourvedre, aged in French oak barrels. Flavors of fruit, pepper and great body. Another dark wine a vampire could learn to love.
- Kentucky winery, Elkcreek Vineyards has a great line-up of Ghostly wines. For Halloween select from Ghostly White Chardonnay, Bone Dry Red Cabernet or Ghostly White Sweet Mellow White. Wines can be found for under $20.00
- Hocus Pocus Syrah a varietal of Syrah/Shiraz produced in Santa Barbara County California’
- And of course there’s also Pinot Evil Pinot Noir from France.